The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem- you’re a Starbucks addict, and to make matters worse, you’re on a diet.
I’m here to help enable your addiction, not solve it. The path to recovery is a long, terrible one, and we don’t want you to do anything drastic today such as throwing your notepad at your boss. So here you go, my caffeinated friend, I’ve come up with some golden rules to abide by, as well as a macro friendly list of Starbucks’ drinks to help soothe your soul, and bad attitude.
THE 3 GOLDEN RULES
Keep these. Memorize these. Love these. Abide by these. I promise if you do just that, there will be no weight sneaking up under your belt. No ma’am, not today!
- Avoid sweeteners – These can quickly add up your caloric intake to those of a full meal as well as trigger cravings throughout the day.
- Stick with anything under 100 calories- I know I know, that seems impossible with all of that whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and baked goodies floating about, but this is a golden rule that you MUST follow.
- Go back to the basics – While it’s okay to spoil yourself every now and again, the best way to approach ordering at Starbucks while on a diet is to go back to the basics of black coffee, tea, etc.
THE LIFE SAVING LIST
**All nutritional information is based on ordering a Tall drink (12 oz).
- Starbucks Brewed Coffee – Calories: 5; Protein: 0g; Carbs: 0g; Fat: 0g.
- Café Americano – Calories: 0; Protein; 0g; Carbs: 0g; Fat: 0g.
- Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea (unswt) – Calories: 0; Protein: 0g; Carbs: 0g; Fat:0g.
- Skinny Vanilla Latte – Calories: 100; Protein: 6g; Carbs: 9g; Fat:3g (Skip the extra sweeteners and add Stevia)
- Iced Skinny Mocha – Calories: 70; Protein: 7g; Carbs: 9g; Fat: 1g
- Café Misto – Calories: 60; Protein: 6g; Carbs: 8g; Fat:0g (This is half filtered coffee and half heated milk)
- Caramel Frappucino Light – Calories: 100; Protein: 3g; Carbs: 22g; Fat:0g (This is not the best diet friendly option, but if you want to give yourself a treat, opt for this lighter Frappucino)
- Cappuccino w/ Soy – Calories: 80; Protein: 4g; Carbs: 11g; Fat: 2.5g
- Skinny Caramel Macchiato – Calories: 100; Protein: 8g; Carbs: 16g; Fat:1g
- Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte – Calories: 80; Protein: 7g; Carbs: 12 g; Fat: 0g